Vada Chennai is a Tamil Action-Crime Film. Vetrimaaran has directed as well as written the film. it is his Fourth Directorial film. A. Subaskaran, Dhanush and Vetrimaaran have produced the film under their respective Production. Under Banner Lyca Productions, Wunderbar Films, and Grass Root Film Company. Santhosh Narayanan has composed the music score of the film. Dhanush in the lead role as a skilled carrom player. Along with Ameer, Andrea Jeremiah, and Aishwarya Rajesh in other key roles in the Film. Now Vada Chennai Film is set to be dubbed in Hindi by Goldmines Telefilms as Chennai Central.
The first look of the film was released on 8 March 2018, and the teaser was released in July 2018. Vada Chennai which was initially slated to release 17 October 2018, because of the post-production works. The film received positive reviews, praising the performances of the cast and the script while criticizing the controversial dialogues. Post-release, the film drew controversies, about the fishermen community, which the makers decided to remove few scenes from the movie, and added with further new scenes. After the film’s critical acclaim, director Vetrimaaran decided to plan for a sequel, Vada Chennai 2.
Vada Chennai Movie was declared Average at the box-office. With mixed reviews from critics and audiences. A young carrom player in north Chennai becomes a reluctant participant in a war between two warring gangsters. The IMDb rating of Vada Chennai is 8.6/10.
Movie Dubbing Updates
The Hindi dubbing rights of Vada Chennai was sold Goldmines Telefilms with the Title Chennai Central. The dubbing of the film has been completed recently. Now the Censor Certification is also Completed. And now finally the television and YouTube premiere dates are officially announced for it. The world television premiere of Vada Chennai is on 21st June at 12pm only on Sony Max and Sony Max HD. After the television premiere, the movie will also have its digital YouTube release on the Goldmines Telefilm YouTube channel on the same day, where you can watch or download the full movie online for free. Keep Following Our Site for More updates on Vada Chennai.
About Movie Update
Dear Friends. Links of the movie are not allowed to be given on the site. I am very much to disappoint you. But I can help you out with the problem. Join our telegram channel South Movie King I will provide everything there. If you want the movie information then you can join the group our Poke me in WhatsApp.I will try to help you out.
- Dhanush as Anbu, a skilled carrom player and Padma’s love interest
- Ameer as Rajan, a prominent local smuggler in North Madras who is respected by the locals
- Andrea Jeremiah as Chandra, Rajan’s wife who later marries Guna
- Aishwarya Rajesh as Padma, Anbu’s love interest
- Samuthirakani as Guna, a member of Rajan’s gang and Chandra’s husband
- Kishore as Senthil, a member of Rajan’s gang
- Pawan as Velu, a member of Rajan’s gang and Siva’s elder brother
- Sai Dheena as “Jawa” Pazhani, member of Rajan’s gang
- Daniel Balaji as Thambi, Rajan’s younger brother
- Radha Ravi as Muthu, a politician and Rajan’s ex-boss
- Subramaniam Siva as Mani, a man who works alongside Velu and Anbu
- Vincent Asokan as Asst. Commissioner of Police
- Rajesh Sharma as Chanchal
- Saran Shakthi as Kannan, Padma’s younger brother
- Hari Krishnan as Raju, Senthil’s henchman
- Pavel Navageethan as Siva, Velu’s younger brother
- Ragavendhar as Rasigan
- Munnar Ramesh
- Sendrayan as Localite Resident (cameo appearance)
The plot of Vada Chennai is set against the backdrop of North Chennai. The story spans within the time period of 1987 – 2003. In the year 1987, the group Guna, Senthil, Pazhani and Velu killed a big shot gangster and they discuss the replacement of his place.
Anbu (Dhanush), who learns to play carrom hoping to become a state-level carrom player. Also, he wants to stay away from the dark side of his neighborhood and become a respectable government employee. Anbu makes love interest with Padma (Aishwarya Rajesh), who is bold and straightforward.
Anbu gets become close to Senthil’s gang. When he was inside the jail with him and even he earns the trust of Senthil. Later Anbu commits a murder for the favor of another group. Here he gets to know about the other gangster Rajan (Ameer), the leader of the fishermen, and Chandra (Andrea), then Anbu stands for his people. How his life gets intervened in the gang wars between two different groups. The rest of the story to be watched on the big screen.
Vada Chennai opens with a murder, but we do not see the murder or the victim. Instead, we get a blood-stained sickle and a conversation between the murderers. These are Guna (Samuthirakani), Senthil (Kishore), Velu (Pavan) and Pazhani (Dheena). The guy they have killed is a big shot gangster and they discuss how they can now take his place. This is 1987. Cut to a year later, and we see that the four men have become rivals. Guna and Velu on one side and Senthil and Pazhani on the other.
That said the film does lack the hard-hitting quality and the moral weight of Vetri Maaran’s previous film, Visaaranai. In the second half, we get a sub-plot about the politician-corporate nexus driving people away from their land (something that we have seen in Kaala and Merku Thodarchi Malai this year), but it isn’t forceful enough – for now. The film is intended as a trilogy and this angle could play a bigger role in the subsequent films as this is what makes Anbu realize his calling.
But this gives the director an opportunity to make a nod at an iconic dialogue from another gangster drama, Mani Ratnam’s Nayakan, when Anbu says, “Nammala kaapaathikaradhukku Peru rowdyism-na naama rowdyism pannanum”. And the plot points do have the elements that we associate with most gangster films – a reluctant hero, rivalry among gangsters, scheming politicians who use these gangsters for their own benefits, a femme fatale, violence that makes us flinch, expletives that shock – but the layered writing and the confident filmmaking ensure that these familiar aspects feel fresh.
Get More Latest Movie Updates
- Maha Samudram Telugu Full Movie
- Varudu Kaavalenu Telugu Full Movie
- Gully Rowdy Telugu Full Movie
- Friendship Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Maanaadu Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Aaradugula Bullet Telugu Full Movie
- Ponniyin Selvan Part 1 Tamil Full Movie
- Seetimaarr Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Maestro Telugu Full Movie
- Hari Hara Veera Mallu Hindi Dubbed Full Movie